What I Ordered
- Fried Chicken Breast Sandwich - Pickle Brined, Creole Honey Mustard, House made Pickles, House made Bun - juicy, crispy, sweet and a tad bit spicy
- Fried Chicken Breast Sandwich - Pickle Brined, Rancho Verde Sauce, House made Pickles, House made Bun - juicy, crispy, perfection
- Nashville HOT Chicken Tenders with a side of Bleu Cheese Sauce - Spicy Southern Flavor will light up your taste buds.
- Buttermilk Biscuits with Bleu Cheese Caramel Butter - Massive Buttery Golden Biscuit slathered with a tangy, sweet, buttery spread.
- Green Chile Hush Puppies with Rancho Verde Sauce - a different take on the traditional hush puppy, the green chile goes hand in hand with the cornmeal giving it that southwestern taste. Dip them in the Rancho Verde sauce is like giving a donut its matching glaze.
- Umami Fries - Crinkle cut, extra crispy, and tossed in 77 different herbs & spices which give them a bit of a kick. Dip them in their house made catsup for extra tang.
Let’s Talk Chicken!
Last Sunday my husband and I decided to try Leghorn Chicken located close to where we live in Chicago. The place was PACKED to say the least which is always a good sign. We decided to order our food to go and eat at home. We ordered quite a few items off the menu as I can be indecisive and usually want to try everything. After filling our belly’s to the brim, I was already planning my next trip back a few days later with a friend to check out the atmosphere.
Leghorn Chicken is a Cash Only, BYOB, Hipster Atmosphere, with 90’s Hip Hop filling the place with laughter and cheers.
The concept at Leghorn is pretty self explanatory;
Cut – Thigh or Breast
Style – HOT (Nashville HOT) or NOT (Pickle Brined)
Bread – Biscuit or Bun
Sauce – Plenty of sauces to choose from (Jalapeno Aioli down to their house made catsup)
The Chicken, crispy crunchy with juices running down your hands as you bite into this heavenly sandwich. The sauce adds some flavor yet this chicken needs no help in the flavor department. It can be eaten by itself. I ordered the Nashville HOT Chicken Tenders as I couldn’t commit to a whole Nashville Hot sandwich, I can be a lil wimp in the spicy hot department so figured this was a safer route. I chose the Bleu Cheese Sauce to dip and let me tell you, these extra crispy tenders just as juicy as a breast sandwich tossed in that Nashville Hot sauce was HOT but, the kind of hot you just can’s stop eating. The Bleu Cheese sauce did extinguish the fire in my mouth as it was so creamy and cool.
Taking a second in between chicken bites to nibble on the Umami Fries that were to die for! No one makes French fries like these in Chicago, no one. Heavily seasoned but not over kill, dipped in the House Made Catsup for a lil tang or Rancho Verde (Ranch) to turn down the “kick” of 77 spices. The Chile Hush Puppies a corny chile doughy (if these are real words) ball that I could lay my head on every night at bedtime. Crispy shell with just fluffy goodness on the inside. The mmm’s and ahhh’s coming out of my mouth sounded like Meg Ryan in “Harry Met Sally”. Last but, not least THAT BISCUIT, I write in caps as the biscuits were that BIG. Warm buttery golden tops baked fresh all day served with a Bleu Cheese Caramel Butter… Sounds weird at first and its pretty brown in color but, I will say this.. I have officially found the biscuit its soul mate. No words can explain how well these two things pair perfectly together. It is a MUST try.
If you are in Chicago I definitely suggest you stop in at Leghorn Chicken for some tasty eats.
Leghorn Chicken has two locations in Chicago and offers Delivery
959 N. Western Ave
Chicago IL 60622